Microneedling is a minimally-invasive non-surgical and nonablative procedure for skin rejuvenation that involves the use of a microneedling device to stimulate collagen induction.
As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a micro-wound. The controlled injury triggers the body to produce new collagen and elastin in the dermis. This treatment leads to reduction of scars and skin rejuvenation, i.e., improved skin texture, firmness and hydration.
Pre Treatment Instructions
The following instructions will help you achieve the best results from your Microneedling treatment. Please take a moment to review this information and go over any questions and/or concerns you may have with your consultant or provider.
Keep Yourself Hydrated Prior the Treatment
Drinking adequate amounts of water will not only be best for your overall well-being but will spell the difference in ensuring that the topical products, specifically the ones containing the potent hyaluronic acid component used on your skin during your treatment will have enough water to hold on to and maintain your skin’s moisture as it heals. The proper recovery of your skin from the microscopic punctures that will be made by the device is key in achieving a more radiant and supple appearance.
● Avoid use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs like aspirin, motrin, advil, ibuprofen, or any other non-tylenol, non-acetaminophen product) for two weeks prior to treatment to minimize the potential for bruising, unless the medications involved are prescribed for the treatment of an existing medical condition.
● Hydrate: for seven days prior, moisturize your skin in the morning & evening. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
● If you have a history of fever blisters, take antiviral medication starting 1 day prior and follow directions on your prescription.
● Stop all topical acids (like glycolic, alpha or beta hydroxyl acids), retinols, retin-A, or other like products 4 days prior to treatment.
● Avoid tanning beds or prolonged exposure to the sun 4 days prior to treatment. Always use a zinc oxide sunscreen with SPF 30+.
● Remove all substances from the intended treatment area, including topical numbing cream, tanning products, ointments, lotions, perfumes, bath/shower
Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the procedure -such as:
Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Consumed alcohol in last 24 hours
Consumption of fish oil or ginko.
Taking blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen.
Cold sore and fever blister tendencies.
Any type of allergy.
Recent facial peels or surgery.
All current medications including Accutane, tetracycline.
Hormone replacement therapy.Use of Retin-A.
Do not use self-tanning lotions, tanning booths, tanning injectables, or sunbathe 4 weeks before or after to your treatment.
Do not use skin care products containing Retin-A, and/or other acne medication, or Glycolic or other acids, for one week prior to or after treatment.