All medical and cosmetic procedures carry risks and may cause complications. The purpose of this document is to make you familiar with the procedure and its risks in advance. This way, you can decide whether or not to go forward with the process.
THE PROCESS - This product is administered via a syringe, or a special pen, into the areas of the face.
- Anesthesia or a numbing medicine can be used to reduce the discomfort - The treatment site(s) is washed first with an antiseptic (cleansing) solution. - Hyaluronic acid is a clear transparent gel that will be injected under your skin into the tissue of your face.
- The depth of the injection(s) will depend on the depth of the wrinkle(s) and its location(s).
- Multiple injections might be made depending on the location or depth of the wrinkle.
- Following each injection, the service provider should gently massage the correction site to conform to the contour of the surrounding tissues.
- If the treated area is swollen directly after the injection, you can apply ice on the site for a short period.
After the first treatment, additional treatments of Hyaluronic Acid may be necessary to achieve the desired level of correction.
- Periodic touch-up injections help sustain the desired level of correction. HAF corrects an average of 6-12 months. Some products may last up to 18 months.
This effect varies depending on general health, dietary and smoking habits, the type of skin, areas injected, and the amount and type of product injected. The duration may be shorter in clients who have a history of smoking, have sun damage, those who continue to suntan, those who undergo heat modalities as Radiofrequency or Ultrasound. Clients who exercise intensively may also have a shorter duration of effect.
I clearly understand that during and after the injection, there are some potential side effects. Which include and may not be limited to:
- Inflammatory reactions such as redness, edema (swelling) and or erythema,
- Stinging, - Painpressure. These reactions may last up to one week or more, depending on my own natural healing.
Delayed hypersensitivity reactions, swelling or nodules may develop at the injection site, even up to 6 months or longer after the procedure
Very rare cases of discoloration of the injection site have been reported.
- Persistence of inflammatory reactions for more than one week or the development of any other side effect must be reported to the physician as soon as possible.
Increase of bruising or bleeding at the injection site if using a substance such as such Ibuprofen (Advil®), Some visible lumps may occur temporarily following the injection. Some clients may experience additional swelling or tenderness at the injection site, and on rare occasions, pustules might form. Some patients may notice temporary numbness or tingling in the area treated that usually will last less than a month to one year.
You will not be considered for the treatment if
☐ You Are Pregnant or breastfeeding
☐ Are sensitive to hyaluronic acid.
☐ have severe allergies.
☐ In areas presenting with inflammatory and infectious skin problems.
☐ If you have been injected in the past with any semi-permanent or permanent filler (Bioalcamed or Artefill, Sculptra, Radiesse)
☐ If you are receiving immunotherapy treatments.
☐ If you tend to develop hypertrophic scarring.
Clients who have autoimmune conditions or are significantly inflammatory have a higher chance of inflammatory reactions. Treatment with HAF must be made on a case by case basis with a full understanding of the risks. As with all injections, this procedure carries the risk of infection. The i njection catridge is sterile, and standard precautions associated with injectable materials have been taken. If you are considering laser treatment, chemical skin peeling or any other procedure based on a skin response after HAF treatment, or the skin has not healed completely from a previous procedure, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the implant site.
Most patients are pleased with the results of HAF's; however, like any cosmetic procedure, there is no guarantee that you will be completely satisfied. There is no guarantee that wrinkles and folds will disappear completely, or that you will not require additional treatments to achieve the results you seek. While the effects of HAF one use can last longer than other comparable treatments, the procedure is still temporary. Additional treatments will be required periodically, generally within six months to one year, involving additional injections for the effect to continue. After treatment, you should minimize exposure of the treated area to excessive sun or UV lamp, exposure and extreme cold weather.